Sunday, June 29, 2008

The ride to work













I've ridden to work 5 times now and it's been pretty fun. I found a good route that keeps me on bike path's maybe 50% bike lane's 30% neighborhoods 20% and 10% Danger zone riding. I'm riding my Surly Karate Monkey. It's a 29'er and I've been running it Single speed, with BIG fat road tires. Schwalbe Big Apple, 2.35. I cruise through some neighborhoods right from the start then hit a bike path which takes me through 2 town's through 2 parks and over the Tualitan river. Then it's up hill for 5 or 6 miles then the last bit is the danger zone section. Country road with no shoulder and Lot's of trucks. Other than that it's great. Coming home today Marla and Louis met me in Tigard and rode the rest of the way with me. We even went to New Seasons on the way for some food. This bike commute thing aint too bad.

No comments: